All mobility scooter batteries are 12 volt. You would normally fit two batteries which means that you have 24 volts in total.
Mobility batteries provide the power for these energy-efficient vehicles, but just like a car battery, each model has different requirements, and eventually the battery will need to be swapped for a new model.
In general mobility scooter batteries last between eighteen months and two years with moderate use and appropriate care (see more on this below).
1. Not all mobility scooters batteries are the same. Some will perform better and last longer than others. You will often find that the cheapest mobility scooter batteries often don’t last as long as some of the more expensive batteries.
2. It’s likely that a battery will be supplied with your mobility scooter at the time of purchase, but after a while you’ll need to replace the battery – especially if you use the scooter frequently.
3. The lifespan of mobility scooter batteries can be greatly reduced or extended by the care you take to properly maintain the scooter and charge the battery.
4. Most mobility scooters batteries will need to be fully charged after each use – sometimes this can take eight hours or more.
5. It’s important that you don’t undercharge the battery consistently, as this can reduce its lifespan. Overloading your scooter with heavy bags and objects can also impair the efficacy of the battery.
6. When considering mobility scooters batteries, it’s important to firstly check which type of battery specification the scooter you have needs. Then you can research models and makes of batteries before comparing prices.
7. Bear in mind that the cheapest mobility battery isn’t likely to be the of highest quality – but an expensive battery won’t automatically be the best option for you either.
8. Always purchase your batteries from a verified, reputable source – as some can be fakes which could at best be a waste of money and not work particularly well, and could potentially pose a danger to your safety at worst. The cheap mobility scooter batteries we have listed below are all from reputable sources.
Looking for the CHEAPEST mobility scooter batteries?
Click the "cheap" logo below to see more really cheap mobility scooter's batteries.
Looking for the BEST mobility scooter batteries?
Click the "best price" logo below to see more of the best rated mobility scooter batteries that you can buy today.