To make sure we always provide the latest information, this page was last updated on 1 February 2021.
All mobility scooter batteries are 12 volts. You would normally fit two batteries which means that you have 24 volts in total.
Mobility batteries provide the power for these energy-efficient vehicles, but just like a car battery, each model has different requirements, and eventually, the battery will need to be swapped for a new model.
In general mobility scooter batteries last between eighteen months and two years with moderate use and appropriate care (see more on this below).
1. Not all mobility scooters batteries are the same. Some will perform better and last longer than others. You will often find that the cheapest mobility scooter batteries often don’t last as long as some of the more expensive batteries.
2. It’s likely that a battery will be supplied with your mobility scooter at the time of purchase, but after a while, you’ll need to replace the battery – especially if you use the scooter frequently.
3. The lifespan of mobility scooter batteries can be greatly reduced or extended by the care you take to properly maintain the scooter and charge the battery.
4. Most mobility scooters batteries will need to be fully charged after each use – sometimes this can take eight hours or more.
5. It’s important that you don’t undercharge the battery consistently, as this can reduce its lifespan. Overloading your scooter with heavy bags and objects can also impair the efficacy of the battery.
6. When considering reconditioned mobility scooter batteries, it’s important to first check which type of battery specification the scooter you have needs. Then you can research models and makes of batteries before comparing prices.
7. Bear in mind that the cheapest mobility battery isn’t likely to be the of the highest quality – but an expensive battery won’t automatically be the best option for you either.
8. Always purchase your batteries from a verified, reputable source – as some can be fakes which could at best be a waste of money and not work particularly well, and could potentially pose a danger to your safety at worst. The cheap mobility scooter batteries we have listed below are all from reputable sources.
Want to learn more? Well here is a useful video that provides you with more useful information when looking to make a purchase.
Before you go, have a look at whether you can find more MOBILITY SCOOTER BATTERIES