If you sleep badly at night and your arm is constantly nestled under your head. You wake up in the morning with neck or back pain and need a new pillow!
To rest well, your spine must not be curved.
Of course, everyone has their own habits, individual sleeping posture and their own need for warmth.
However, in order to sleep comfortably, you should pay attention:
– The optimal pillow size for an adult is 50×70 cm. This size makes better use of the bed space. However, do not forget about the size of your pillowcases so that you do not have to buy new bedding. The most common size for children’s pillows is 40×60 cm.Orthopaedic pillow quality:
– The fabric used for the pillow cover should be a very dense downproof weave, which will not allow the filler to come out and will prevent dust from getting inside the pillow.
– The piping and seams should be fine and sturdy, otherwise the threads may tear. There should be no small holes or large needle punctures. When buying, pull the seams to check their strength and elasticity.
Pillows lose their shape, roll and get dirty from prolonged use. If the item is high quality, it’s very easy to wash it in a washing machine if that’s the recommendation on the individual label, otherwise take it to the dry cleaner.
– Airing. When you wake up do not make your bed immediately – let the bedding evaporate moisture which they absorbed during the night, because a person evaporates up to two glasses of water through the skin during the night, once a week air the pillow in the fresh air. Down pillows absorb moisture well, so you should dry them in the sun for a few hours 1-2 times a year. Be sure to change the pillow if the old one has a damp and musty odor. It is harmful to sleep on such pillows.
– Be sure to fluff up the pillow every morning after sleeping to prevent caking of the stuffing, improve the airing of the pillow, and put it on top of a blanket.
– Washing. It is desirable to wash in a washing machine, using detergents intended for natural fibers or wool, and it is desirable to fluff the pillow several times while drying.
When choosing a pillow, it is very important to consider how you are used to sleeping. In any position during sleep, the cervical spine should remain in a straight position, the main recommendation of orthopedic doctors is to sleep on your back, or on your side.
– A pillow of medium hardness is suitable for those who like to sleep on their back. It should not be too high, especially if you have a hard mattress. To be more comfortable, the pillow should be placed not only under the head, but also under the neck. You can relieve the pressure on the lower back by adding a roller or a small pillow under your knees.
– A stiff pillow will be needed for those who usually sleep on their side. If you have broad shoulders, it should also be quite high. In this case, the curvature of the spine is also higher. You can place a small pillow between your knees for more comfort.
– A soft and compact pillow should be for people who usually sleep on their stomachs. It will not strain muscles during sleep. The pillow should not be high so that the head does not lift up too much. But if you snore, sinking pillows are contraindicated to you.
– A higher pillow should be chosen by those who prefer to sleep on a soft mattress.
– A low pillow can be purchased if you have a hard mattress.
– Down pillows will suit those who like to fall asleep in a warm bed. Goose down fillings naturally regulate heat exchange and absorb and evaporate moisture well.
Goose down is the most valuable and traditional filler, it is safe and environmentally friendly and close to human nature. Pillows made of 100% down are considered the most comfortable, adjusting to the shape of the head as much as possible, creating a comfortable sleeping environment. Goose down can absorb moisture more than its own weight and also quickly evaporate it during the day, so in the evening you will have a dry pillow.
Wool fillings – this material has the ability to absorb moisture up to 30% of its own weight, and neutralize odours.
Synthetic fillings – sleeping comfort for people prone to allergies, easy to care for and wash repeatedly, characterized by thermal regulation, the ability to adjust the degree of padding.
Bamboo pillows – soft, temperature and moisture regulating, easy to wash, well absorb moisture, do not absorb odors.
Orthopedic pillows – promote relaxation and the most correct and relaxing position of head and neck, in a natural anatomic position. Comfortable for those who like to sleep on their backs.
Problems with head and neck pain can be professionally caused.
We’re willing to put up with lumpy pillows and battle uncomfortable blankets. No wonder we wake up tired and irritable instead of sleepy and rested. Many people don’t realize that pillows and blankets are very important in creating a healthy rest. If during sleep the body gets cold or overheated and the head has no support, it means that you did not take the right position, it is time to change the bedding.
Health care supplies by Nygex offers down pillows and blankets that fully meet the strict hygiene and quality standards.
Looking for a Christmas Bargain?
Up to 60% off some items
on Amazon today
Have a look and see if you can find any deals