Reading a Gas Meter
Taking a Manual Reading
Follow these steps to obtain a manual reading from a standard smart gas metre:
- Locate the gas meter’s display and select the LCD meter display screen.
- Press the middle button or orange button(s) to automatically cycle through the readings until the “m3” or “Volume” row appears.
- Take note of the number displayed on the right of the screen; this is the number shown in your current cubic metre reading.
Using the LCD Display Screen on the Gas Meter
Smart gas metres, like intelligent electricity metres, have an LCD that displays various information, such as your metre readings and energy consumption. Follow these steps to read your intelligent gas meter or any smart gas meter or electricity meter that’s an LCD screen:
- Pressing the middle button or one of the orange buttons will wake the metre from sleep mode.
- Utilise the left and right orange buttons to navigate between screens.
- The “m3” or “Volume” screen will display your gas reading.