This wheelchair is just one of the products you can find in the Wheelchair88 range and is certainly not their sole folding power wheelchair. That said, here is a look at the various aspects of the Foldawheel electric wheelchair.
What is the Foldawheel PW-999ul?
The Foldawheel PW-999ul is a compact folding electric wheelchair that is hailed as the lightest electric wheelchair in the world.
The frame of the Foldawheel PW-999ul is quite similar to that of the EZ Lite Cruiser, featuring a wire which allows for control over the folding and unfolding aspect.
Folding this type of frame design is much quicker and easier than other similar models such as the KD Smart Chair or the Air Hawk which will need you to flip the armrests before folding.
Who would use the Foldawheel PW-999ul?
The Foldawheel electric wheelchair can be used by wheelchair users to increase their independence as well as broaden their options in terms of how far they can travel and their overall flexibility.
It is especially useful for people with chronic illness, the old-aged, and those with physical disabilities, all of which may affect their upper limb strength and fitness to the point where they are unable to use self-propelling wheelchairs.
According to Foldawheel PW-999ul reviews, this wheelchair has allowed users to take part in a variety of activities such as shopping and visiting friends and family while still allowing them to conserve their energy.
Key features of the Foldawheel pw999ul
- The Foldawheel PW-999ul is one of the lightest electric wheelchairs in the world, with a total weight of 22kg (48.5lb) when it has one battery and 23.5kg (52lb) with 2 batteries.
- You can open and fold the wheelchair in a second and fit it into the trunk of a small car. When folded upright, it can stand upright and be rolled with its wheels.
- The Foldawheel PW-999ul batteries are of the soft pack polymer li-ion model and are lighter, safer, and more durable as a result as compared to low-cost cylinder Li-ion batteries.
- The wheelchair can handle weights of up to 100kg (220lbs). Although it can carry heavier weights, 100kg is the weight capacity, some users that weigh over this figure may not sit comfortably.
- The brushless motors featured in the Foldawheel PW-999ul have higher torque and allow for more energy-saving and compact. This makes it superior to other similar wheelchairs in the market.
- The joystick controller in this wheelchair model is small and easy to control. Thanks to the detachable cable system, you can easily remove the joystick controller if you intend to check-in the power chair as part of your luggage.
- The frame of the Foldawheel PW-999ul is constructed with high-grade quality aluminum alloy, giving it a strong yet lightweight structure, consequently ensuring your safety as well as the durability of the frame.
- You can raise the armrests of the wheelchair to transfer to other surfaces more effortlessly or get closer to tables.
- The footrest featured in the Foldawheel PW-999ul is inward folding, allowing you to get your feet closer to the wheelchair as you sit down or get in a stand-up position
- The patented anti-tilt support integrates a hydraulic system to significantly reduce the risk of falling backward as you are in the wheelchair, but it is still flexible as required.
- The Air-breeze backrest cover and seat cushion are constructed using a non-fray material to ensure that it is long-lasting. Additionally, the material lets more airflow through it, as well as provides a better cushioning effect and is also detachable for washing.
- The wheelchair comes with a thick padded travel bag which allows for convenient portability.
- The foldable PW-999ul also comes with a storage bag that you can find under the seat.
- You can charge the wheelchair using the quality certified charger (100V-230V) that comes with the wheelchair. When it is empty, you have to charge it for a minimum of 8 hours (for the 2 batteries) before you use it.
- The wheelchair has a slope capability of 12 inches, a turning radius of 85cm (33.4 inches), a seat depth of 42cm (16.5 inches), a seat height from ground (front) of 51cm (20 inches), height from the ground (back) of 48cm (18.8 inches) and a seat width of 44cm (17 inches)
The front wheels featured on the Foldawheel PW-999ul have a 7-inch diameter. It can withstand a considerable amount of impact and is quite durable. The rear wheels have an 8-inch diameter and are similarly durable.
Alternatives to the Foldawheel PW-999ul
Alternatives to this wheelchair include:
The Foldawheel PW-1000xl
The Foldawheel PW-1000xl is wider than the PW-999ul and is also faster with a longer driving range as well as more powerful. It weighs about 29kg (64lb) with batteries and 25.6kg (56.4lbs) without them.
Each battery operates approximately 15km (9.3 miles), which means that two of them will reach a distance of about 30km (18.6 miles). The Foldawheel PW-1000xl can reach speeds of up to 8km/hr (5miles/hr) and is equipped with 250 watt quiet and powerful brushless motors and 10 inch rear tires.
EZ lite cruiser standard model
This is an electric wheelchair that is quite similar to the Foldawheel PW-999ul, but some key differences are also worth noting. It is constructed with a durable lightweight aluminum alloy, weighing in at a total of 44 pounds without battery, but it can handle users that weigh up to 264 pounds.
It is powered by 250-watt brushless HUB motors and features grey rubberized 8 inch rear wheels to allow for enhanced traction.
What does the Foldawheel PW-999ul battery do?
To insert a battery into this wheelchair, slide it into the side beam. Using the dual battery connector (which is sold separately), you can connect a second battery. The Foldawheel PW-999ul battery is quite durable, and using two of them on a full charge can allow you to reach a distance of 25km (15 miles)
Based on the Foldawheel PW-999ul reviews from customers as well as the impressive features, it is a good choice of electric wheelchair that is quick and effortless to fold and unfold, plus it is undoubtedly the lightest electric wheelchair in the world.