Old Mill is a Chartered Financial Planning Firm who work with private, rural, commercial and trustee clients.
Advising on later life matters
Our dedicated Later Life team understand that the exact needs of each individual are specific to them. Chris or Carolyn will listen to the situation you or your family member is in, then work with you to find the right solution(s) at what we know can sometimes be a difficult and emotional time for you and your family.
Our advisers have the knowledge and expertise to provide advice and guidance on:
- How to plan your finances to optimise the use of the available financial resources to pay for care for as long as possible
- How to navigate available care funding allowances and make sure you or your loved one receives appropriate allowances
- How assets can be used to pay for care and structured to assist in leaving an inheritance
- Inheritance tax worries and how these can be tackled
- Releasing capital locked in to property to help pay for care or other later life needs, including Local Authority Deferred Payment Arrangements, which are a form of equity release
Chris Tweedie – Chartered Financial Planner
Chris is an accredited member of the Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) who has been giving financial planning advice for over 25 years.
He joined Old Mill in 2009 and provides specialist financial and investment advice for those either with immediate needs or who are thinking about what their needs will be in later life, (Care Fees Planning, Investments, IHT, Equity Release).
You can contact Chris on:
Telephone – 01225 701217
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn Matravers – Chartered Financial Planner
Carolyn joined Old Mill in 2000 and has over 20 years’ Financial Planning experience.
She is a member of the Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) and adopts a caring and friendly approach to both financial planning and navigation of the current care funding system.
You can contact Carolyn on:
Telephone – 01935 709334
Locations that we cover
We are able to support clients based in Devon, Somerset and Wiltshire
How to contact us
Maltravers House, Petters Way, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 1SH
Tele – 01935 426181
Our Wells office
Bishopbrook House, Cathedral Avenue, Wells, Somerset, BA5 1FD
Tele – 01749 343366
Our Melksham office
Wessex House, Challeymead Business Park, Bradford Road, Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 8BU
Tele – 01225 701210
Our Exeter office
Leeward house, Fitzroy Road, Exeter Business Park, Exeter, Devon, EX1 3LJ
Tele – 01392 214635
Web address – www.oldmillgroup.co.uk
Some of our latest thoughts